I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! Here in Michigan, you were either team Green/White or Maze/Blue and it was all about football! This weekend, we were actually out of town visiting our daughter at college so we missed all of the shenanigans associated with the Spartans and Wolverines match up, but we got to see an awesome Navy vs. Air Force game!
Chocolate-Coconut No Bake Cookies
When visiting our daughter, I try to bring some of her favorite home-baked treats and this recipe was requested! My Mom made this recipe when I was a child and it is a tried and true one! Since two of the main ingredients are oatmeal and peanut butter, I always feel somewhat better feeding my family these cookies. ‘Healthy-ish” right?!
This time I changed the recipe up a bit and added some coconut. We all really liked the end result-they tasted a little like a Mounds candy bar!
If you love coconut and chocolate and are looking for a “healthy-ish” treat, give this recipe a try. If you are not a fan of coconut, you can leave it out and just make the original recipe.
- 2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. cocoa
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 C. milk
- 3/4 C. unsweetened coconut flakes or to desired taste
- 3 C. oatmeal-I use organic and mix 1 1/2 C. quick oats, 1 1/2 C. old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 C. peanut butter
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter, oatmeal and coconut (reserve 1/4 C. for sprinkling on cookies)
- Put wax paper on 2 cookie sheets
- Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, vanilla and milk in a medium-size saucepan
- Bring to a boil over medium heat on stovetop stirring constantly
- When it starts boiling- stir for exactly 2 minutes
- Carefully remove from stovetop and pour over the peanut butter, coconut oatmeal mixture
- Stir to combine,(I usually let the mixture sit about 5 minutes so it firms up before scooping)
- Use a tablespoon to drop cookies on wax paper
- If desired, sprinkle the reserved coconut on top of the cookies
- Refrigerate until firm-about 20 minutes
I hope everyone has a blessed week! Remember to take some time for fun and relaxation!