Hi Friends! I hope everyone enjoyed their first week of summer and maybe even found a couple minutes to create a bucket list! As we get into the warmer days of summer, I’ve been trying to be better about using sun protection for both myself and my youngest on a daily basis.
My youngest would LIVE outside if she could but she is as fair as they come so I have to be really vigilant about sunscreen with her. Putting sunscreen on a child ranks up there with one of my LEAST favorite jobs ever! My daughter shrieks and squeals that it is too cold or that I am tickling her. Now that she is a bit older, I’ve tried to have her be responsible for her own application.
I’ve tried a lot of different sun care products for both of us. I like to use natural/organic sunscreen without chemicals but often they are very thick, sticky and leave you looking white and pasty! My kids always complain that they don’t rub in well. My daughters and I all have extremely sensitive skin so the products also had to be gentle on sensitive skin.
Here are the 6 products that met all of my criteria and are kid approved as well! (at least my kids :))
Here Are My Favorites
1. Coola Classic Unscented Sunscreen for Face SPF 30-I LOVE this for my face. Usually, I tend to break out easily and this feels so light on my face and wears well under make-up.
2. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion Daily Shade SPF 15-I have been using this on my arms and legs as a daily protection lotion. If I were spending a day at the beach or pool, I would use numbers 3 or 4 for a higher spf and a little more protection.
3. Suntegrity Natural Mineral Sunscreen for Body SPF 30-This one is definitely a bit pricey but I love how it feels on my skin. It is very light and not greasy. I would use this for a day at the pool or beach. If going on vacation where you need lots of sunscreen each day, I would use a less pricey option like number 4 if budget is a concern.
4. Kiss My Face Cool Sport SPF 50 Spray Sunscreen-This spray is quick drying and does not feel greasy. As with any spray sunscreen, I am very careful not to inhale the spray. I use this for my arms, legs and back and use the Coola or My Chelle Stick for my face.
5. Kiss My Face Obesssively Kids Spray Sunscreen SPF 50-Same as Number 4, quick drying and not greasy. It has a great smell too! My youngest who is 11, is easily able to apply this herself.
6. MyChelle Sun Shield Clear Stick-SPF 50-I love this stick! It is so handy to throw in your bag for on the go sun protection. My youngest is easily able to apply it to her face, neck and ears. It is very light. I just ordered MyChelle Sun Shield SPF 28, Unscented to try for a body sunscreen. I’ll let you know how it works. I love MyChelle products and have been using them for a few years for my face care routine. Usually, they run great sales and I will stock up on products when they are having promotions.
This post is not sponsored- I just wanted to share some of my favorites. It took a lot of experimenting to find brands we like in the natural sun care category. Some of the links are to Thrive Market. I have subscribed with them for a couple of years and have saved a lot on natural products. For our family, the yearly subscription pays off in savings.
I hope this summer finds you with plenty of fun in the sun (Safely protected by sunscreen of course!) and I hope these suggestions are helpful.